psi’s Prevention & Intervention initiatives are implemented in over 200 schools yearly throughout Ohio, and have touched the lives of over 100,000 students since 1991.
Research-based programs are offered for all grade levels, K through 12, and can be designed for a wide array of time parameters, including after school. We offer both nationally recognized programs and unique psi programs, where curriculum and trained professionals give personalized attention targeted at both student and school growth.
We have many speakers come to our school and not many do as good a job as Brooke did. The information she shared with our students was invaluable and the students couldn’t have been more engaged.
1. Life Skills Training Program: Laying the foundation for students to succeed
Building self-esteem, decision-making, communication, assertiveness training, and social skills.
- Research-based protective factors proven to reduce tobacco, alcohol and other substance abuse are implemented.
- Designed for 3rd and 4th grade students in nine weekly sessions
2. REACT: Managing Anger and Conflicts Successfully
- Reduce incidents of gossiping, taunting, and bullying.
- Anger management, conflict resolution, successful decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Designed for 4th and 5th grade students in twelve weekly sessions
The program provides a very organized and consistent presentation of the ideas of conflict resolution and anger management.
The students relate the material discussed and value the tools to make good choices in uncomfortable situations.
3. Bullies to Buddies!
- Chosen by the Safe and Drug Free Schools Expert Panel.
- Empowering bystanders to act responsively, improving middle school discipline and reducing potential violence. Special emphasis is placed on the three roles—aggressors, victims, bystanders.
- Easy to implement, cost-effective, proven to work.
- Uses victim-proofing, NOT bully-proofing.
- Designed for 6th and 7th grade students in twelve weekly sessions
4. Teens Resisting Violence: Safer teens, safer schools
- Teaches safe responses to threats and weapons.
- Promotes skills to peacefully manage anger.
- Reinforces anti-bullying behavior.
- Empowers students to stop violence before it starts.
- Develops awareness of the societal effects of aggressive misconduct.
- Designed for 7th and 8th grade students in nine weekly sessions
Learning how to defuse someone else’s anger is a skill that I will need the rest of my life. After taking this class, I feel the change in society and violence will begin with us.
Making students aware of the effect of violence on society and how the media glorify it AND empowering kids to make a difference is helping ours students meet the challenge.
5. Successful Teen Living: Healthy teens—Safe teens
- Improving school climate and safety
- Expanding knowledge of tobacco, alcohol, and illicit drugs and their effects.
- Developing a mature understanding of teenage relationships
- Improving both decision-making skills and assertive behavior.
- Designed for 7th and 10th grade students in a nine-to-fifteen week, flexible program
I like how we, as a class, discuss everything with each other so that we can hear what others are feeling. Some people can change for the better if they learn to listen.
6. Pro-Peer Training: Team building for student leaders
- Empowers students to act responsively, improve discipline and school climate, and reduce the cycle of bullying and violence.
- Peer Mediation develops leadership skills.
- Team Building develops active listening, rapport-building and problem-solving
- Designed for 7th through 11th grade, one day training of six hours for 10-30 students.
7. Positive Peer Group Classic: Engaging students to school
- For at-risk students in a small group setting,
- Fosters positive identification, developing social skills and character traits, and taking personal responsibility. Managing conflict, bonding to the school community, and strengthening academic goals.
- Designed for 6th through 11th grade, 10 to 12 per group, in twenty weekly meetings.
8. Positive Peer Group: Anti-bullying program
- Whole classroom instruction.
- Fosters identification with a positive peer group
- Builds personal and social responsibility.
- Focus on managing conflict responsibly and bonding to the school community.
- Designed for 6th through 11th grade with fourteen weekly meetings
The Positive Peer Group program is helping at-risk kids find their ways.
It’s all about choices. Students can make appropriate choices once they’ve been given the skills to do so. This program gives the students these skills.
Positive Peer Groups sounds like an excellent program. I couldn’t have designed a better one myself! I am delighted to hear that it works.
Students are speaking to others about their accomplishments and their group projects. The participants are demonstrating their ability to be leaders for the first time.
I have never been chosen for anything. I love our group. It’s the best thing that has happened to me!
‘The facilitator really cares about us and we are even coming in on Saturdays to paint our school. Since before we didn’t even come on school days, I’d say that’s pretty good.
9. JOURNEYS: Helping girls to safely navigate adolescence
- Develops self-discipline for healthier lifestyles.
- Teaches successful decision-making.
- Develops independence skills and responsibility.
- Develops confidence and self-esteem.
- Designed for 6th through 11th grades.